Sports Premium reports
What is the PE and sport premium for primary schools
The Government are spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the 3 academic years 2013/2014 to 2015/2016. This funding has since been extended to include the academic year 2016/17.
The money has been allocated directly to primary schools and we can choose how we use the funding, for example:
- Hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- Support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- Provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- Run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Run sports activities with other schools
To read more about how we have spent our allocation this year please see Anna Archer’s full Sports Premium reports below.