Next Parents Forum Meetings
Thursday 10th October 2.30pm – 3.30pm
Thursday 10th October 6pm – 7pm
Friday 11th October 9am – 10am
Friday 19th May – 3pm at Brookhurst School
- Head teacher Angela Stanton will explain the scope of the funding cuts to education and how this will affect your child at Brookhurst
Overview of the funding cuts:
- schools will lose £3 billion a year in real terms by 2020
- 99% of schools will have funding-per-pupil cuts
- average cut to primary schools: -£103,754
- average cut to secondary schools: -£470,433
- average loss per primary pupil: - £403
- average loss per secondary pupil: – £554
Find out more about the cuts:
Visit www.schoolcuts.org.uk type in your postcode to see how the primary and secondary schools that your children go to are affected.
If you can’t make it, you can still have your say:
- You can contact Chris White (MP for Warwick & Leamington) email@example.com with your opinion
- You can come to the special Education Question Time – Monday 22nd May 7pm, Leamington Town Hall
MP Chris White & Nick Solmon (Liberal Democrat candidate) have confirmed attendance
If you are a parent or carer of a child at Brookhurst, come along to the Parents’ Forum. It meets once a term and is an opportunity to find out what’s going on and to discuss school-related issues with staff members.
The Forum is an important way of ensuring that the views of parents and carers are heard by senior school staff. Topics discussed at recent meetings have included:
- the school’s home learning (homework) policy
- the website and learning platform
- communication (which led to the communication survey undertaken in July 2012)
- school meals
- learning reviews
Meetings are informal and a genuine opportunity for open discussion.
The more people attend, the stronger the partnership we can develop between parents/carers and school staff. Although it is not a decision-making body, the Forum has the opportunity to influence decisions through open dialogue.
The notes and action points are sent out with the school newsletter and published on the school website.
Parents’ Forum meetings
If you would like to make a suggestion for the next agenda, please email the school office stating that it is for the attention of the Parent’s Forum or just come along to the next meeting.
Please note that that Forum focuses on issues that affect the whole school community, not individual classes or pupils – these should be discussed with your child’s teacher in the first instance.
Parents’ Forum meeting minutes
- 16th January 2017
- 27th June 2016
- 25th January 2016
- 21st September 2015
- 27th April 2015
- 26th January 2015
- 22nd September 2014
- 19th May 2014
- 20th January 2013
- 24th September 2013
- 20th May 2013
- 5th March 2013
- 24th October 2012