SEN and disability support policy
We are proud of the rich diversity of our school community here at Brookhurst. All pupils and staff are valued, cared for, listened to and challenged to be the best they can be.
We are therefore equally ambitious for our disabled pupils and staff. Our Special Educational Needs policy is built around our core values of providing a secure, collaborative and purposeful learning culture for all.
We also offer an FAQ on our SEN provision to give you answers to common questions.
Full policy documents
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) policy
- Accessibility and inclusion policy
- Medical Needs policy
- Education of children looked-after & children previously looked-after policy
- Toileting and intimate care policy
- Positive handling, physical restraint & use of reasonable force policy
- English as an additional language (EAL) policy
- SEND register flow chart for parents
- Overarching Statement
- School SEN information report (with frequently asked questions)
- Equality policy
- A Guide to Managing Emotions
- A Guide to Positive Interaction with Peers and Siblings
- A Guide to Struture and Routine
- Sensory Processing Needs
- Five Ways to Wellbeing
- What is Autism
- What is PDA
- Sendia SEND Inclusion Award